Hello, Bud Families!
Dear Bud Families,
Hello, October! It’s hard to believe that our first month together has already come and gone. We’ve enjoyed getting to know your families more this past month and introducing your children to their classroom community. It is our goal for your child’s learning environment and classroom experience to be a place of comfort, familiarity, and enrichment and also a place where they feel safe!
We had a lot of fun exploring September’s unit of “Emotions” . The children are really good at identifying their emotions and the emotions and feelings of their friends. We will continue to use these skills throughout the entire year.
What we focus on:
- Textures and sensory through play and art
- Reading/story repetition/predictive storytelling through memorization
- Mindfulness exercises (yoga, Breathing techniques and visuals, and counting to 10)
October’s study is Fairytale! We will be reading and using concepts from the books, The Little Old Lady Who was not Afraid of Anything, The Gingerbread Man, The Three Little Pigs, and many more. This time of year brings lots of beautiful colors and textures that we will be bringing into the classroom and working with to make our own fairytales come to life!
The Bud Room encourages your child’s autonomy. “I can do it” is a form of active learning that promotes independence and fosters confidence. Here are some “I can do it” work your Buds are currently working on and are great to practice at home:
- Putting on socks
- Putting on shoes
- Pushing in their chair
- Washing hands and face
Your Buds are becoming familiar with classroom expectations and responsibilities:
- Putting belongings into their cubby
- How many Buds are at this station; is it full?
- Cleaning up stations when done
- Placing nap items on cot, and put away after nap
- Clearing meal items
- Helping with potty work
Victoria McFarland will join our Bud teaching staff on October 9th. Please introduce yourselves to her.
- It has been a warm start to our school year, but as the weather gets cooler please have your child bring a sweater or light jacket each day.
- Please make sure your child has at least one extra set of clothing. We will let you know when we need replacements.
- Every Friday bedding goes home for a wash and is returned on Monday.
Once again, Thank you for helping fill our family picture board. The children enjoy seeing their families posted in the classroom.
Best Wishes Always,
Ms. Sidney and Ms. Stephanie