Dear Blossom Families,
“I would teach children music, physics, and philosophy; but mostly music, for the patterns in music and all the arts are the keys to learning.”
The music study this month really brought out all the future instrumentalists and singers. The Blossoms explored the keyboard, electric guitar, trumpet, and autoharp, as well as exploring their voices. Archer was able to showcase the trumpet’s full sound! The Blossoms learned about Yo-Yo-Ma, taking a particular liking to the tenor sounds of the cello, as well as the rock n’roll stylings of Bryan May. A highlight this month was listening to Lex’s mom, Nicole, play the violin! In addition, we had tons of fun learning “We are the Champions” in preparation for our upcoming Blossom graduation.
Conversations to have with your musician:
- What family does your favorite instrument belong to?
- Which types of music do you enjoy listening to?
- Do you prefer the sounds of High Hannah or Low Louie?
- How do different types of music make you feel?
- How many different rhythms can you calp using quarter notes, half notes, whole notes, and rests?
To wrap up this year, we will engage in 4 week long studies selected by our very own Blossoms! Our explorations will include:
- Fantasy: Pirates, Superheroes, Mermaids, Fairies
- Cooking: Scrambled eggs, hot cocoa, ice cream, brownies, Jell-O and pudding!
- Superheroes: Black Panther, Iron Man, Gwen Stacy, Miles Morales, and Peter Parker (Spider Verse!)
- Space: Planets, Supernovas, Stars, Constellations
- Dogs and Cars: Different types of dogs and monster trucks.
Thank you in advance for joining us at the Blossom Graduation Ceremony! It will be so wonderful to all come together for an evening of celebration and fun! The Blossoms are so excited to perform for you!
It has been such a pleasure learning and working with all of you this year to support you and your children’s needs and growth. We so appreciate all the time, donations, and encouragement you shared with the Blossom community. We now return your children to you, the same children you so kindly entrusted to our care last fall. It truly has been a privilege to watch each of their personalities develop and unfold everyday. In less than a year, through our many accomplishments and mistakes we have become a family.
We have loved, laughed, played, investigated, learned, and grown together this year. We explored the great strength of a rooted tree, built marvelous structures inspired by the designs of Gaudi and Wright, studied our own beating hearts, and thoughtfully critiqued the work of globally renowned artists. We have grown closer and lifted each other up throughout the year!
We Wish You Well!
Emily, Keegan, and Miriam