February 2024 Calendar:
- February 2: First Friday/Ground Hog Day
- February 14: Valentine’s Day
- February 14: Board Meeting
- February 19: Presidents Day Center Closed
- February 29: Leap Year
Valentine’s Day is enjoyed more than Christmas at Growing Tree! Your child is welcome to bring in cards for their friends. We ask that cards are signed but have yet to be addressed if you don’t mind. This allows the children to deliver their cards to friends efficiently. Matt will make a special snack for everyone to enjoy.
Year End Statements:
Your 2023 Year-end statement was sent to your email in mid-January. If you did not receive yours, please let me know, and I will resend.
I appreciate your patience during the freezing rain episode we encountered last month. It is always our goal to be open. Every once in a great while, it doesn’t happen. So thank you!
The Brightwheel app is our messaging tool to reach parents in case of school closures, emergencies, reminders, events, etc. We may not be able to give you a lot of notice in emergencies and school closures. We appreciate you being in tune with your Brightwheel messages. Thank you
New School Closure:
- Growing Tree has added the following closure to the Holiday schedule.
- Monday August 26th thru Monday September 2nd.
- This closure allows for GT to do larger maintenance projects without inconveiencing staff and children.
- It allows our staff time for themselves.
- The staff will be paid for this week off.
- Thank you for supporting our staff development
Winter is in full force:
Our classrooms go outside every day at least twice. Please make sure your child has the appropriate clothing to be outside. The joy that this snowfall has brought to them makes me smile.
Growing Tree provides a parent’s night out on the First Friday of each month. This is an excellent opportunity for a date night or quiet time. The evening includes dinner, crafts, and a movie. Children should bring their pajamas. Our next First Friday is February 2nd. Sign up at the front desk.
- Sign up at the front desk – space is limited
- Time: 5:30-10:00pm
- Cost: $40 per child
- Bring pajamas
- Enjoy your evening
Growing Tree does not follow the Bend-La Pine school districts Inclement weather policy for closures or delayed start of school. Our goal is to be open. If the school district does post a closure or delay, I typically will notify all families through our Brightwheel App what Growing Tree’s intent is for that day is.
Class playlists are available on the website under the Parent Tab.
Log in information is: username: parent password: gtcc2023
- Growing Tree is a nonprofit organization. If you are interested in serving on our Board of Directors please speak with Tammy.
- All clothes from home should be labeled with your child name
- Please take your child’s nap supplies home each Friday to wash and return them on Monday
- Check your child’s file folder on Fridays
Blue Bag Drive:
Blue bags are available for your recyclble bottles and cans. Each sleeve of bags earns you 1 volunteer hour. Pleas drop your full blue bags at the bottle drop located at 755 NE 2nd St, Bend, OR 97701. Thank you, to date Growing Tree has received $2000 from your recycling.