February 15th: President Day
- 2015 year end statements for tax purposes were emailed out on January 29th. Please notify us if you did not receive yours.
- Annual registration fees are due by March 1st
Message from the Board
I truly believe that Valentine's Day is the favorite holiday at Growing Tree. The children talk about it for weeks prior. This year we will be spreading the LOVE on Friday, February 12th. Your child is more than welcome to bring valentine cards to share at school. We have a few suggestions to help the day go smoothly:
- We do not have a Valentines party. The day is filled with many fun projects, and we provide a special "red" snack at snack time.
- If you choose to share valentines, please bring a card for each child in the class.
- Please do not address the cards as it is much easier for your child to distribute them without names.
- Please sign the valentines - This is a fun activity for children if they are interested. Hint: Start early so they can do a few at a time. Obviously our little ones cannot sign their names, but they can practice their scribbles
- Please do not include candy with the cards.
Blossom and TreeHouse parents, it is not too early to start thinking about where your child will go to school next year. Along with the following information I have put 2 brochures in your child's file folder for your convenience.
Magnet or Private School
If you are considering a Bend-LaPine Magnet or Private school, there are some mandatory deadlines you will need to meet in February and March:
Mandatory Orientation - Call school for schedule
Application Deadline - March 18th @ 4pm
Kindergarten Registration & School Tours - Call school for schedule
For more info: Deadline for Magnet/Charter School Applications
Bend La Pine Magnet Schools include:
- Juniper - Technology
- Highlands - Storyline Community
- Amity - Child Initiated Approach
- Westside - Inclusive, Non-graded, Mixed Age, Learning Community
- Bear Creek - Spanish Immersion Program
- If your child will be attending your neighborhood school registration begins on April 20th. (Check Bend-La Pine website for individual school activities)
- You will be asked to provide a birth certificate and proof of immunizations upon enrollment.
- Area change requests are due by March 1st
For further information and dates:
- Bend La Pine Schools
- Dual Immersion Program at Bear Creek
- Seven Peaks
- Trinity Lutheran School
- Cascade Academy
First Friday will be held on Friday, February 5th. The cost is $20 per child. Please pay prior to Friday night, so that we may pay the teachers in a timely manner. Just a reminder, if you cancel after signing up, you will still be responsible for First Friday fees.
Feb 11 - Deborah
Feb 22 - Haley
Feb 24 - Jessica
Caitlyn - 2 years
"Sawyer John" joined the Weidman family on January 26th weighing in at 7 lbs 11 oz.
Congratulations Lane, Mandy & Lincoln.