June 18: Father's Day
Growing Tree will be CLOSED on the following days:
Monday, May 29th: Memorial Day
Tuesday, July 4th: Independence Day
Friday, September 1st: Annual cleaning day
Monday, September 4th: Labor Day
Swim lessons begin the week of June 26th. The swim roster is posted at the top of the newsletter for your convenience.
- Sessions are Monday - Thursday for 2 weeks (8 lessons)
- Children should arrive at school at least 30 minutes prior to scheduled lesson
- Please apply sunscreen and wear bathing suit to school. Change of clothes can be left in child's cubby
- We prefer children wear sandals
- Towel labeled with child's name. Towels will be left at school for the duration of swim lessons
Session 2: July 10-20th
Lobby Face Lift
What would summer be without construction at Growing Tree? In June we are giving the lobby an update . We will be painting, re doing the floors and getting a new front desk. Sprout 1, Bud, Branch, and Blossom classrooms will also be re-painted. We anticipate the construction to last approximately 3 weeks. The majority of the work will be done at night and on weekends.
First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out the Parent Survey! We really appreciate your feedback. After reviewing the surveys, several of you expressed an interest in receiving information regarding community resources and parent educational opportunities.
I would like to introduce you to the Community Resource Center. It is a nonprofit agency in Bend that teaches parenting skills to parents and caregivers of children of all ages in Central Oregon. The Community Resource Center also publishes a resource booklet complete with all of the family agencies available to families. I have linked their website for you here. It is also available under the PARENT tab on our website. Their community resource booklet is available at the front desk, at this time it is not online. Please take a minute to view their calendar and take advantage of their services.
- Hat and sunglasses(optional)
- At least one change of clothes in their cubbies because Growing Tree kids love water
Do you need volunteer hours? If you are interested in this job please let me know. Here are a couple of ideas:
- Dump Run
- Pick up and install beach sand in the sandbox on the Sprout /Bud playground
- Help move furniture during lobby construction
When you are ordering online, please remember our AmazonSmile program!
Head to smile.amazon.com to get started.
Message from Board
First Friday will be held on Friday, June 2nd Cost is $20 per child. In July First Friday July 7th. Please pay prior to Friday night, so that we may pay the teachers in a timely manner. Just a reminder, if you cancel after signing up, you will still be responsible for First Friday fees.
Brynn: 1 year
Caroline: 1 year
Kelcy: 10 years
Tammy: 19 years
"Let them sleep for when they awake they will move mountains"