Sept 5: First Day in new classrooms
Friday, September 1st: Annual Work Day
Monday, September 4th: Labor Day
New tuition rates are effective September 1, 2017. Please pay attention to your September invoice for new rate. Thank you
Several new staff have joined Growing Tree . Please welcome and introduce yourselves to:
Teresa Gunn: Profram Director/Assistant Director:
Heather Beane: Head Teacher Branch Room:
McKenzie Kihs: Teacher Branch Room:
Hannah McCabe: Teacher Seed/Big Seed Room:
I am excited to bring these four very qualified teachers to our Growing Tree team. thank you for your patience over the past 6 weeks.
New ClassroomsChildren will be moving to their new classroom on Tuesday September 5th. How can you prepare?
- Fill out paperwork (ASQ and New child information sheet) and return to front desk ASAP.
- On Thursday, Aug 31st (or your child's last day for the week) take all cubby belongings and file folder paperwork home
- On Tuesday, Sept 5th please bring to school preferably in a reusable bag that fits in your child's cubby: a blanket and stuffy for nap; complete change of clothes including socks and underwear. Please note that these items need to fit tin the cubby so we would appreciate child sized blankets and no large pillows
- I have resuable bags for sale $6 if you would like to purchase one
- Policy reminder: we ask that food and toys not be brought into the Center
School pictures are scheduled for October 5th & 6th. Order form is available at the top of the newsletter. Theme and color scheme to be decided.
Happy HarvestOur Annual Happy Harvest at the DD ranch in Terrebonne is scheduled for Saturday October 7th. This is always a beautiful way to kick off the harvest season with hay rides, pumpkin patch, and farm animals not to mention the beautiful Smith Rock scenery.
Please watch for you evite to arrive in September with more details.
Mixed Bag Fundraiser
Mixed Bag orders are due by Tuesday September 5th. If you need volunteer hours why not sell Mixed Bags to your friends and family. You will receive 1 hour towards volunteer commitment for every $25 dollars sold. Catalogs are in your file folders. Also if you are looking for a great bag to bring blankets, stuffies snowsuits etc back and forth to school? Check out the Grocery bags on page 27 of the catalog. These bags not only hold a lot, they fit nicely in your child's cubby and they fold up to the size of a wallet when not in use! I also have a few of these bags to sell at the front desk for $6.
Mixed Bag Info:
- Make checks payable to Growing Tree
- If you have online orders our ID# is 69979
- Orders are due by Sept 5th please
Family ResourcesWhat is the Family Resource Center?
- FRC is a nonprofit agency that teaches parenting skills to parents and caregivers of children of all ages in Deschutes, Crook and Jefferson Counties.
- Their vision is for bright and healthy futures for our children through parenting education.
- Visit the FRC website for program calendar and newsletter
- Available at the front desk is "The Parenting Resource Guide" made available through the Family Resource Center of Central Oregon
- Healthy Beginnings provides access to health and education and behavioral services for young children and their families
- Healthy Beginnings provides FREE health and developmental screenings for any child birth through five years of age
- Visit the Healthy Beginnings website for more information or call 541-383-6357
- Screenings available: Warm Springs 8/11; Bend 8/26; Redmond 9/8; Prineville 9/29
Call 211 gives you guidance and information about:
- Child Care openings
- Behavioral Strategies
- School readiness and tips
- Early Childhood Education
- Family stress and anxiety
- Parenting classes and support
- Local play groups
- Foster care support
- Basic family resources
Volunteer hours are not prorated in the event you withdraw from the Center prior to December 31st.
Do you need volunteer hours? If you are interested in this job please let me know. Here are a couple of ideas:
- Clean out rain gutters
- Sell Mixed Bags
- Dump run
When you are ordering online, please remember our AmazonSmile program!
Head to smile.amazon.com to get started.
The Board of Directors will meet again on September 13th. Enjoy your summer.
Message from Board of Directors
First Friday will be held on Friday, September 8th because of the Labor Day Holiday. Cost is $20 per child. In October First Friday will be on schedule for October 6th. Please pay prior to Friday night, so that we may pay the teachers in a timely manner. Just a reminder, if you cancel after signing up, you will still be responsible for First Friday fees.
Amy: Sept 26
Stacie: 16 years
Jolene: 11 years
Jessica: 10 years
Letty: 2 years
Linda: 2 years
Amy: 1 year
"Let them sleep for when they awake they will move mountains"