Click here to view January events.
January 1: Happy New Year, Center Closed
January 13: Zoom Board Meeting
January 13:Updated Immunization report due
Happy New Year
As I reflect on this past year, I am choosing to remember 2020 as a year that brought us many gifts. Gifts we probably did not realize we needed. 2020 forced us to slow down and enjoy our moments. It allowed us to watch our children grow and learn right before our eyes. We mastered ZOOM. Developed new hobbies. Took long walks and met our neighbors. We missed our extended family and shared our love for them with words. We felt kindness from many. It pushed us to think differently and try new ways. 2020 gave us uninterrupted time together, something we will never get back. I said in the very beginning of this time, God is conducting a social experiment to bring the family back together and I think his experiment has been a success.
Peace out 2020! Bring on 2021!
We are in the final stages of completing our annual review of immunization records. If your child's immunizations were not complete Stephanie has notified you. Please review Growing Tree's 2019 Immunization Rates by clicking the link at the top of the newsletter.
2021 Annual Registration fees and 2020 Volunteer hours not completed were billed to your account on January 1st. For your convenience, these fees are due by March 1st.
Many of you have small credits or balances on your account. Please pay the amount due on the statement that was sent out the last week of December. Thank you
2020 Year End Statements2020 Year end statements were emailed to you last week. Please use these for tax purposes
2020 volunteer hours need to be completed by December 31st. Please see the front desk if you need clarification regarding your hours. If you are unable to complete the 10 hours, in January your account will be billed $10 for every hour not completed in 2020.
- We would appreciate the following items left at school for the winter months: hat, boots, 2 pair of mittens, snow pants, and winter jacket. By having these items at school your child will be prepared to go outside each day. Please label all items!!
- On Friday's if you would like the snow clothes to go home, please message us through Brightwheel and we can send them home.
- If your child will be wearing their boots back and forth to school please provide a pair of slippers or tennis shoes for them to wear in the classroom
- I am open to any ideas to make this process easier
- Did you know that it is not recommended that children wear any type of coat while in their carseat? Car Seats and Winter Coats Safety Video
For your review, prior to the weather going south, our Inclement Weather/Emergency Closure Policy is as follows:
- Growing Tree does NOT follow the public-school schedule for snow/weather days or 2-hour delays. It is our goal to remain open as usual.
- On these days when the public schools have closures, I will send out an early email/text confirming our status via BRIGHTWHEEL
- In the event we need to close the center due to weather or an emergency, we will contact you first via BRIGHTWHEEL and then post closure information on Facebook.
Please friend us on Facebook so that you may receive notifications of all the happenings at Growing Tree: https://www.facebook.com/growing.tree.be
- In the event of an emergency, if the situation allows, we will the contact you via phone once we are safe.
Shop Boone Supply and Growing Tree receives 40% Giveback
All online purchases give back 40% to our fundraiser.
Pick from practical gifts like emoji pancake pans, vegan leather totes or gift something truly special like our radiant gold heart necklace or long-lasting soy candles. Either way, your gift will go further if you shop with us.
Shop for holiday gifts here: https://www.boonsupply.com/69979 Be sure to enter our fundraiser ID at check out: 69979.
Schedule of Events
Did you know you can find the dates and locations for all of the Growing Tree special events under the SCHEDULE tab on our website?
The following are volunteer opportunities:
- Volunteer hours are not pro-rated in the event you withdraw from the Center prior to December 31st.
COVID Health & Safety Guidelines
We have added a donate button to our website and Facebook page. Feel free to pass it along or use it yourself.
While shopping online, please remember our AmazonSmile program!
Head to smile.amazon.com to get started.
Until further notice First Friday Is CANCELLED