Click here to view February Events.
2/2 Ground Hog Day
2/8 Board Meeting
2/14 Valentines Day
2/20 Presidents Day GT Closed
Growing Tree will be CLOSED MONDAY, FEBRUARY 20th, in observance of PRESIDENTS DAY.
February is staff training month at Growing Tree. Our teachers have a yearly commitment to complete 20 hours of professional development. We aim to have each teacher attain a STEP 8, 9, or 10 in the Oregon Registry. Half of our teaching staff has been awarded a Step 8 or higher in the registry. Growing Tree is committed to providing quality early childhood education.
Monday, February 14th, is Valentine's Day, and Growing Tree will be sharing the LOVE all day. Your child is welcome to bring in signed Valentines. (Please do not address cards to specific children. Matt will provide a special snack, and the teachers will have a fun Valentine's project for their classrooms. To help with your planning:
Seedlings: 9 Seedlings
Big Seeds: 8 Big Seeds
Sprout 1: 9 Sprouts
Sprout 2: 8 Sprouts
Buds: 21 Buds
Branch: 21 Branchers
Blossom: 21 Blossoms
2022 Year-End Tax Statements
Please check your email for your year 2022 tax statements. They were sent out on January 20th.
Our Seedling room is already enrolled full for September 2024. We have eleven sibling babies arriving this spring and summer and only eight openings. So if you are family planning, I would like you to know this beforehand.
We would appreciate the following items left at school for the winter months: a hat, boots, two pairs of mittens, snow pants, and a winter jacket. By having these items at school, your child will be prepared to go outside each day. Please label all items!!
- On Friday, you are welcome to take your snow clothes home
- If your child will be wearing their boots back and forth to school, please provide a pair of slippers or tennis shoes for them to wear in the classroom
Did you know that children are not recommended to wear any coat in their car seats? Car Seats and Winter Coats
For your review, our Inclement Weather/Emergency Closure Policy is as follows:
- Growing Tree does NOT follow the public school schedule for snow/weather days or 2-hour delays. It is our goal to remain open as usual.
- On these days when the public schools have closures, I will send out an early alert message confirming our status via BRIGHTWHEEL
- In the event we need to close the center due to weather or an emergency, we will contact you first via BRIGHTWHEEL and then post closure information on Facebook.
Please friend us on Facebook so that you may receive notifications of all the happenings at Growing Tree: https://www.facebook.com/growing.tree.be
- In an emergency, if the situation allows, we will contact you via phone once we are safe.
The playlists have been updated! Under the PARENT tab on our website, you will find class Playlists. Please review your information on the Playlist to ensure accuracy. These lists are intended for birthdays and playdates. Please do not use them for any other reason or share them. Login information: parent gtcc2015
The following are volunteer opportunities:
- Volunteer hours are not pro-rated if you withdraw from the Center before December 31st.
- Deliver our blue bags to the bottle drop
- Trash pick up around the perimeter of the Center
Shop Boon Supply with a 40% Giveback
Shop for gifts here: https://www.boonsupply.com/69979. Be sure to enter our fundraiser ID at check out: 69979.
Bottle Drop Bags
Blue bags are available at the front desk! To date, we have received over $1000 from your recycling efforts. Growing Tree Thanks!
Please friend us on Facebook so that you may receive notifications of all the happenings at Growing Tree: https://www.facebook.com/growing.tree.be.
Schedule of Events
Did you know you can find the dates and locations for all the Growing Tree special events under the SCHEDULE tab on our website?
The Board of Directors Meeting is on February 8th via Zoom. Interested in serving on our Board of Directors? Reach out to Tammy
We have added a donate button to our website.
Family Resource Network
While shopping online, please remember our AmazonSmile program!
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way to support Growing Tree every time you shop, at no cost to you. You will find the same convenient shopping experience as amazon.com, with the bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to Growing Tree!
Head to smile.amazon.com to get started.
Head to smile.amazon.com to get started.
Matt: 7 years
Tracy: 4 years