February 19: Presidents Day/ Teacher Inservice
April 13: Parent Teacher Conferences
2018 Holiday Calendar
Growing Tree has added 3 additional days to our 2018 Holiday schedule. These days were added to afford our staff additional professional development. 2018 Holiday Schedule is available at the top of the newsletter. Please note these dates do not fall on legal holidays and will be subject to change on a yearly basis. Thank you for supporting our growth as professionals.
- April 13th: Parent Teacher conferences
- August 30th & 31st: Teacher workdays
- December 24th: Christmas Eve
2018 Annual Registration fees and 2017 Volunteer hours not completed are due by March 1st.
Your 2017 Year end statement was sent to you via email and a hard copy was placed in your child's file folder mid January. Please use this statement for tax purposes.
Growing Tree will be spreading the LOVE on Wednesday, February 14th. Your child is more than welcome to bring valentine cards to share at school. We have a few suggestions to help the day go smoothly:
- We do not have a formal Valentine party. The day is filled with many fun projects, and we provide a special "red" snack at snack time.
- If you choose to share valentines, please bring a card for each child in the class.
- Please do not address the cards as it is much easier for your child to distribute them without names.
- Please sign the valentines - This is a fun activity for children if they are interested. Hint: Start early so they can do a few at a time. Obviously our little ones cannot sign their names, but they can practice their scribbles
Blossom families should have received an email with important dates and deadlines for kindergarten enrollment. I have included a copy of the memo for your information at the top of this newsletter.
Mod Pizza fundraiser
If you would be interested in participating in a MOD Pizza fundraiser please let us know so we can make a decision on whether to move forward.
What does this mean?
We would pick a date
Pass out fliers to advertise event
Enjoy dinner at MOD Pizza
A percentage of the proceeds on that date will go to Growing Tree.
As per our SPARK agreement: Adults do not use electronic media for personal use during the care day.
In order to support this policy we ask that families do not text staff . Please call the Center and we will forward you to the classroom to speak with the teachers.
Girl Scout Cookies
If you would like to order Girl Scout Cookies there is an order form at the front desk. Elizabeth Hummel a Growing Tree graduate is selling them this year.
Inclement Weather/Emergency Closure Policy
For your review our Inclement Weather/Emergency Closure Policy.
- Growing Tree does NOT follow the public school schedule for snow/weather days or 2-hour delays. It is our goal to remain open as usual.
- On these days when the public schools have closures I do try to send out an early email/text confirming our status
- If we need to close the center because of weather or an emergency, we will contact you first via text/email and then post closure information on Facebook.
- In the event of an emergency, if the situation allows we will the contact you via phone.
Please friend us on Facebook so that you may receive notifications of all the happenings at Growing Tree: https://www.facebook.com/growing.tree.bend
Dressing for the Weather
- A complete change of weather appropriate clothes in their cubby at all times
- A jacket to wear as needed
- Hat & gloves
- Boots & snowsuits
- Please label all items
- Please put winter clothes in a bag that easily fits in their cubby. I do have bags for sale at the front desk. Cost $6
Family Resource Network
Volunteer hours are not prorated in the event you withdraw from the Center prior to December 31st.
Do you need volunteer hours? If you are interested in this job please let me know. Here are a couple of ideas:
- Shovel snow
When you are shopping for those holiday gifts online, please remember our AmazonSmile program!
Head to smile.amazon.com to get started.
Message from Board of Directors
The Board of Directors will meet again on February 14th
First Friday will be held on Friday,February 2nd. Cost is $20 per child. In February First Friday will be on March 2nd. Please pay prior to Friday night, so that we may pay the teachers in a timely manner. Just a reminder, if you cancel after signing up, you will still be responsible for First Friday fees.
Lane: 2 years
Matt: 2 years
No newbies to introduce this month