Click here to view February events.
February 10: Zoom Board Meeting
February 12: Celebrating Valentines Day
February 15: Center Closed Presidents Day
Happy Valentines Day
Growing Tree will celebrate Valentines Day on Friday February 12th. Fun fact: our kiddos LOVE Valentines Day! They LOVE sharing their LOVE! Your child is welcome to bring in Valentines. In order for children to be responsible the distribution of their Valentines we ask that the Valentines are not addressed to specific children but are signed from your child. Matt will provide a special snack and the teachers will have fun Valentines projects for their classrooms. Teachers will let you know how many children are in their classroom.
Growing Tree will be Closed on Monday, February 15th in observance of Presidents Day and to complete their professional development. Fun Fact: Growing Tree teachers complete a minimum of 20 hours of professional development each year. Each teacher has a professional development plan in place and their goal is to attain a STEP 8, 9, or 10 in the Oregon Registry. 18 of our 22 teaching staff have been awarded a Step 8 or higher in the registry. This commitment to our program plays a significant role in Growing Tree receiving our 4 Star quality rating status in SPARK.
Pick up times:
Please remember, Growing Tree closes at 530pm each day. It is important that you are here at the Center no later than 530 as our teachers are off the clock promptly at 530. Thank you
TemperaturesWe are no longer required to take temperatures.The health check you complete each morning meets this requirement. Of course if we feel a child is not feeling well during the day we will take temperatures as usual. thank you for keeping our Center Safe+Healthy
Child Care professionals will be included in the next round of vaccines beginning January 25th. Growing Tree is encouraging staff to receive the vaccine.
I have added a COVID tab to our website. There you will find the COVID Health & Safety Guidelines and any updates that come available. Please check it out.
- We would appreciate the following items left at school for the winter months: hat, boots, 2 pair of mittens, snow pants, and winter jacket. By having these items at school your child will be prepared to go outside each day. Please label all items!!
- On Friday's if you would like the snow clothes to go home, please message us through Brightwheel and we can send them home.
- If your child will be wearing their boots back and forth to school please provide a pair of slippers or tennis shoes for them to wear in the classroom
- I am open to any ideas to make this process easier
- Did you know that it is not recommended that children wear any type of coat while in their carseat? Car Seats and Winter Coats Safety Video
For your review, prior to the weather going south, our Inclement Weather/Emergency Closure Policy is as follows:
- Growing Tree does NOT follow the public-school schedule for snow/weather days or 2-hour delays. It is our goal to remain open as usual.
- On these days when the public schools have closures, I will send out an early email/text confirming our status via BRIGHTWHEEL
- In the event we need to close the center due to weather or an emergency, we will contact you first via BRIGHTWHEEL and then post closure information on Facebook.
- In the event of an emergency, if the situation allows, we will the contact you via phone once we are safe.
Shop Boone Supply and Growing Tree receives 40% Giveback
All online purchases give back 40% to our fundraiser.
Pick from practical gifts like emoji pancake pans, vegan leather totes or gift something truly special like our radiant gold heart necklace or long-lasting soy candles. Either way, your gift will go further if you shop with us.
Shop for holiday gifts here: https://www.boonsupply.com/69979 Be sure to enter our fundraiser ID at check out: 69979.
Schedule of Events
Did you know you can find the dates and locations for all of the Growing Tree special events under the SCHEDULE tab on our website?
The following are volunteer opportunities:
- Volunteer hours are not pro-rated in the event you withdraw from the Center prior to December 31st.
COVID Health & Safety Guidelines
We have added a donate button to our website and Facebook page. Feel free to pass it along or use it yourself.
While shopping online, please remember our AmazonSmile program!
Head to smile.amazon.com to get started.
Until further notice First Friday Is CANCELLED