COMPASSION is our character word this month
Click here to view February events.
February 7: First Friday
February 12: Board Meeting
February 14: Valentines Day
February 17: Presidents Day
February 29: Leap Year
Blossom ParentsBlossom families should have received an email with important dates and deadlines for kindergarten enrollment. I have included a copy of the memo for your reference at the top of this newsletter.
On March 2nd you will be able to sign up for our summer swim lessons.
- Two sessions will be available: June 15th - 25th & June 29th - July 9th
- Child must be 3 years of age and potty trained at time of lessons
- Cost is $65 per session
Growing Tree teachers complete a minimum of 20 hours of professional development each year. Each teacher has a professional development plan in place and their goal is to attain a STEP 8, 9, or 10 in the Oregon Registry. More than half our staff have been awarded a Step 8 or higher in the registry. which played a significant role in Growing Tree receiving our 4 Star quality rating status in SPARK.
Please be mindful of how you park in our parking lot. Be courteous of others.
Thank you for updating your immunization records. We were able to submit our final report early thanks to you!
Growing Tree uses REMIND texts to notify you regarding emergencies or changes in school hours.A REMIND message was sent in January notifying you that Growing Tree WAS NOT on a 2 hour delay but open as usual. If you did not receive this message please let me know.
Growing Tree will be spreading the LOVE on Friday, February 14th. Your child is more than welcome to bring valentine cards to share at school. We have a few suggestions to help the day go smoothly:
- We do not have a formal Valentine party. The day is filled with many fun projects, and we provide a special "heartfelt" snack
- If you choose to share valentines, please bring a card for each child in the class
- Please do not address the cards as it is much easier for your child to distribute them without names.
- Please sign the valentines - This is a fun activity for children if they are interested. Hint: Start early so they can do a few at a time. Obviously our little ones cannot sign their names, but they can practice their scribbles
Schedule of Events
Did you know you can find the dates and locations for all of the Growing Tree special events under the SCHEDULE tab on our website?
The following are volunteer opportunities:
- We have some pallets that need to be disposed of
- Volunteer hours are not pro-rated in the event you withdraw from the Center prior to December 31st.
- Dig out drains
- Clean out drains on playground
We have added a donate button to our website and Facebook page. Feel free to pass it along or use it yourself.
While shopping online, please remember our AmazonSmile program!
Head to smile.amazon.com to get started.
First Friday will be held on Friday,February 7th. Cost is $25 per child. Next month First Friday will be on March 6th. Please pay when you sign up as we now have limited slots. Just a reminder, if you cancel after signing up, you will still be responsible for First Friday fees.
Matt: 4 years
Tracy: 1 year