KIND is our character word this month
Click here to view December events.
December 6: First Friday
December 9: Holiday Sing-A-Long
December 18: Board Meeting
December 24: Growing Tree Closes @ 3pm
December 25: Closed for Christmas
December 26: Closed for Christmas
January 1: Closed Happy New Year
Poinsettias will arrive on Tuesday, December 3rd. If you need volunteer hours and would like to help deliver please let me know.
Delivery Date: Tuesday, December 3rd
Time: 1130am -3pm
Sing A Long
Our Annual Holiday-Sing-along is Monday, December 9th. Each year Growing Tree gathers to listen to the children sing. All classrooms from our Seedlings to our staff perform a few holiday favorites. So please put your holiday sweaters on and join us for an evening of magic. The program starts promptly at 630pm so please plan to arrive by 615pm to drop your children off with their teachers.
Where: Unitarian Universalist Fellowship
61980 Skyline Ranch Rd, Bend, OR 97703
Why: To enjoy the season
Letters to Santa
Elf on the Shelf
The Elf on the Shelf arrives in the Bud, Branch, and Blossom rooms on December 2nd. This mischievous elf watches over the classrooms by day and returns to the North Pole at night to report to Santa all the amazing activities going on in each classroom. You never know where that silly elf will be watching from each day. Remember DO NOT TOUCH the elf or he will lose his magical power to return to Santa!
Year end Accounting
2020 Annual Registration fees and 2019 Volunteer hours not completed will be billed to your account on January 1st. For your convenience these fees are due by March 1st.
Many of you have small credits or balances on your account. In January you will receive a “Statement" instead of an invoice. This statement reflects the total amount due on your account through January. Our goal is to get everyone to a "0" balance to start off the new year.
2019 Year end statements will be available on January 31st.
2019 volunteer hours need to be completed by December 31st. Please see the front desk if you need clarification regarding your hours. If you are unable to complete the 10 hours, your account will be billed $10 for every hour not completed on January 1st.
Inclement Weather/Emergency Closure Policy
For your review, prior to the weather going south, our Inclement Weather/Emergency Closure Policy is as follows:
- Growing Tree does NOT follow the public-school schedule for snow/weather days or 2-hour delays. It is our goal to remain open as usual.
- On these days when the public schools have closures, I do try to send out an early email/text confirming our status
- If we need to close the center because of weather or an emergency, we will contact you first via text/email and then post closure information on Facebook.
- In the event of an emergency, if the situation allows, we will the contact you via phone.
Please friend us on Facebook so that you may receive notifications of all the happenings at Growing Tree: https://www.facebook.com/growing.tree.bend
Dressing for the Weather
Winter will arrive this month. We have found that storing your child's winter gear in a reusable bag that can be hung in their cubby minimizes the chances of misplaced items and enables your child to take care of their own clothes.
Please make sure your child has:
- A complete change of weather appropriate clothes in their cubby always (please label all items)
- A jacket to wear as needed
- Hat & gloves ( we recommend 2 pair of gloves please)
- Boots & snowsuits
- PS: Teachers appreciate clothes that are labeled
- PSS: We have reusable bags for sale at the front desk for $5
With winter approaching and cubbies bulging at the seams with winter clothes, the teachers are requesting that you limit what your child brings for naptime.
- Child sized blanket to lay on/ to cover up with. Please do not send bed sized blankets
- Small pillow - optional
- One (1) small stuffy
You can order from Boone Supply at anytime using this link Boone Supply and Growing Tree will receive 40% of the proceeds
Schedule of Events
Did you know you can find the dates and locations for all of the Growing Tree special events under the SCHEDULE tab on our website?
The following are volunteer opportunities:
- Volunteer hours are not pro-rated in the event you withdraw from the Center prior to December 31st.
- Deliver Poinsettias
- Dig out drains
- Clean out drains on playground
We have added a donate button to our website and Facebook page. Feel free to pass it along or use it yourself.
When you are shopping online, please remember our AmazonSmile program!
Head to smile.amazon.com to get started.
First Friday will be held on Friday, December 6th. Cost is $25 per child. Next month First Friday will be on January 3rd. Please pay when you sign up as we now have limited slots. Just a reminder, if you cancel after signing up, you will still be responsible for First Friday fees.
None this month
None this month