Click here to view December events.
December 1: Poinsettia Delivery
December 7: Elf on the Shelf Arrives
December 9: Zoom Board Meeting
December 24: Christmas Eve, Center Closed
December 25: Christmas Day, Center Closed
January 1: Happy New Year, Center Closed
Sing A long
Our Annual Sing A Long will look a little different this year. The classrooms will be recording their performances. Look for the performance in your email the third week of December
Letters to Santa
If your child needs to send a letter to Santa, the mailbox at the front desk is the fastest way to the North Pole. We have surprisingly good response time too!!
Poinsettias will arrive on Tuesday, December 1st.If you need volunteer hours and would like to help deliver please reach out to me.
Delivery Date: Tuesday, December 1st
Time: 1130am – 3pm
Elf on the Shelf
The Elf on the Shelf arrives in the Bud, Branch, and Blossom rooms on December 7th. This mischievous elf watches over the classrooms by day and returns to the North Pole at night to report to Santa all the amazing activities going on in each classroom. You never know where that silly elf will be watching from each day. Remember DO NOT TOUCH the elf or he will lose his magical power to return to Santa!
2021 Annual Registration fees and 2020 Volunteer hours not completed will be billed to your account on January 1st. For your convenience, these fees are due by March 1st.
Many of you will have small credits or balances on your account in January. We will be sending out “Statements" instead of an invoice so that you may see your true balance. This statement reflects the total amount due on your account through January. Our goal is to get everyone to a "0" balance to start off the new year.
2020 Year end statements will be sent to you the last week in January for tax purposes.
2020 volunteer hours need to be completed by December 31st. Please see the front desk if you need clarification regarding your hours. If you are unable to complete the 10 hours, in January your account will be billed $10 for every hour not completed in 2020.
We are trying to find a system that works best for personal items going back and forth between school, especially moving into winter. This is what we would like to see so that we have consistency between home and school. Most importantly we want your child to have the necessary winter clothes to go outside each day.
- If possible, we would appreciate the following items left at school for the winter months: hat, boots, 2 pair of mittens, snow pants, and winter jacket. By having these items at school your child will be prepared to go outside each day. Please label all items!!
- On Friday's if you would like the snow clothes to go home, please message us through Brightwheel and we can send them home.
- If your child will be wearing their boots back and forth to school please provide a pair of slippers or tennis shoes for them to wear in the classroom
- I am open to any ideas to make this process easier
- Did you know that it is not recommended that children wear any type of coat while in their carseat? Car Seats and Winter Coats Safety Video
For your review, prior to the weather going south, our Inclement Weather/Emergency Closure Policy is as follows:
- Growing Tree does NOT follow the public-school schedule for snow/weather days or 2-hour delays. It is our goal to remain open as usual.
- On these days when the public schools have closures, I will send out an early email/text confirming our status via BRIGHTWHEEL
- In the event we need to close the center due to weather or an emergency, we will contact you first via BRIGHTWHEEL and then post closure information on Facebook.
Please friend us on Facebook so that you may receive notifications of all the happenings at Growing Tree: https://www.facebook.com/growing.tree.be
- In the event of an emergency, if the situation allows, we will the contact you via phone once we are safe.
Shop the Holidays with a 40% Giveback
The holiday gifting season is here! Now is an excellent time to browse thoughtful gifts and stylish wrapping paper for friends, family, coworkers, caregivers, teachers, and clients. Either way, all online purchases give back 40% to our fundraiser.
Pick from practical gifts like emoji pancake pans, vegan leather totes or gift something truly special like our radiant gold heart necklace or long-lasting soy candles. Either way, your gift will go further if you shop with us.
Shop for holiday gifts here: https://www.boonsupply.com/69979 Be sure to enter our fundraiser ID at check out: 69979.
Schedule of Events
Did you know you can find the dates and locations for all of the Growing Tree special events under the SCHEDULE tab on our website?
The following are volunteer opportunities:
- Dump run (filing cabinet & office chair)
- Dig out playground drains
- Deliver Poinsettias
- Volunteer hours are not pro-rated in the event you withdraw from the Center prior to December 31st.
COVID Health & Safety Guidelines
We have added a donate button to our website and Facebook page. Feel free to pass it along or use it yourself.
While shopping online, please remember our AmazonSmile program!
Head to smile.amazon.com to get started.
Until further notice First Friday Is CANCELLED
Mac was promoted to Big Brother
when Nell Josephine
arrived on November 2nd Congratulations McCaffrey family
The Reiher Fam has one more reason to be thankful this year
Veronica, Josh & Big Brother Theo
Penelope Kathleen on November 11th
they plan to call her "Poppy”