Note time change for DD Ranch: New time 930-11am
November 12th: Parent Teacher Conferences
November 23 & 24th: Thanksgiving
Click here to view October events.
October 4th & 5th: School Pictures
October 5th: First Friday
October 6th: Happy Harvest DD Ranch 930am
October 31st: TEAM Day @ Growing Tree
School pictures are scheduled for October 4th & 5th
- Order form is available at the top of the newsletter
- Only children with completed picture forms and payment will have their pictures taken
- Thursday: Siblings, Seeds, Sprouts, & Buds will have pictures taken
- Friday, Branch, Blossom & Class pictures will be taken
- Class pictures will be taken promptly at 10am Friday. If Friday is not a scheduled school day for your child, we encourage you to stop by and be included in the class picture. Please be at school no later than 10am
Time: 930am - 1100am Please note time change due to staffing at Ranch
Have you purchased your tickets at the front desk yet? Put on your boots and join us at the DD Ranch in Terrebonne on Saturday, October 6th. Tickets are $8 per child (2 years and up) and $5 per adult. ticket includes pumpkin, hay ride, petting zoo and snack. All families are invited to join us. See your E-vite for more details
Annual Form Updates
In October we ask that you check in with Teresa or myself to complete the annual paperwork updates:
If you haven't already done so, we also need to collect your completed ASQ and New Child information forms ( these forms were given out in August along with your welcome letters).
- USDA Child Enrollment Form
- 2019 Volunteer Commitment
- Update Emergency cards
- Verify Office of Childcare License
- Verify completion of ASQ developmental checklist
- Immunization check in
- Don't forget to bring:
- A family picture for the classroom family board
- Complete change of clothes
- Blanket and one (1) stuffed animal for nap:
- Clothes for layering through Fall (children go outside several times daily)
- We ask that children leave toys in their car seats for the trip home
- Do not bring any food into the classrooms
- Breakfast ends at 8:45. If your child is going to eat breakfast please be here by 8:35 so that they have ample time to finish breakfast
There's no TEAM like the home TEAM (aka as Halloween)
Happy Halloween! October 31st is "TEAM DAY" at Growing Tree! Please have your child dress in gear of their (or your) favorite sports team. We have found that Team Day is a better option than costumes. We would feel terrible if a costume got lost or ruined. Your child will participate in a parade, create a fun mask, and enjoy a special orange snack.
It's crazy, but it's time for Growing Tree's Annual Poinsettia Sale. Proceeds this year will be used for Center upgrades and staff support. Please use the Poinsettia form located at the top of the newsletter to distribute to your family, friends, co-workers and especially businesses you frequent.
- Order forms and payments are due by November 16th.
- Checks should be made payable to Growing Tree
- Plants will be delivered the week of November 28th
We really appreciate your support. As a bonus you will receive one (1) volunteer hour for every two (2) plants you sell!
Mixed Bag Fundraiser
Thank you for supporting Growing Tree through Mixed Bags. You raised over $1300 for the Center. I anticipate dedicating theses dollars towards team building with the staff. Thank you so much. If you missed out you can still purchase mixed bags online. Please use Growing Trees account # 69979 and we will receive 40% of your sales.
Dressing for the Weather
Fall has officially arrived. We have found that storing your child's winter gear in a reusable bag that can be hung in their cubby minimizes the chances of misplaced items and enables your child to take care of their own clothes.
Please make sure your child has:
- A complete change of weather appropriate clothes in their cubby at all times (please label all items)
- A jacket to wear as needed
- Hat & gloves
- Boots & snowsuits
- PS: Teachers appreciate clothes that are labeled
- PSS: Mixed Bags has a great poly grocery bag that folds up to the size of a wallet when not being used.
With winter approaching and cubbies bulging at the seams with winter clothes, the teachers are requesting that you limit what your child brings for naptime.
- child sized blanket to lay on/ to cover up with. Please do not send bed sized blankets
- small pillow - optional
- one (1) small stuffy
Schedule of Events
We have a lot of things going on at Growing Tree this Fall and we don't want you to miss out. Did you know you can find the dates for all of the Growing Tree special events under the SCHEDULE tab on our website?
The following are volunteer opportunities:
- Sell Poinsettias
- Deliver Poinsettias
- Sell Mixed Bags
- Clean out playground drains
- Add sand to Sprout/Bud playground
Volunteer hours are not pro-rated in the event you withdraw from the Center prior to December 31st.
We have added a donate button to our website and Facebook page. Feel free to pass it along or use it yourself.
Do you need volunteer hours? If you are interested in one of these job please let me know. Here are a couple of ideas:
- Add sand to sand box on Sprout/Bud playground
- Clean out drains on playgrounds - still available
When you are shopping for those holiday gifts online, please remember our AmazonSmile program!
Head to smile.amazon.com to get started.
First Friday will be held on Friday, October 5th. Cost is $20 per child. In November. First Friday will be on November 2nd. Please pay prior to Friday night, so that we may pay the teachers in a timely manner. Just a reminder, if you cancel after signing up, you will still be responsible for First Friday fees.
Nana Julie: 27th
Nana Julie: 4 years