November 12th: Parent Teacher Conferences (Veterans Day)
November 23 & 24th: Thanksgiving
December 24th & 25th: Christmas
December 31st & January 1st: New Year
Click here to view November events.
November 1st: Conference Sign Up
November 2nd: First Friday
November 4th: Fall back your clocks
November 12th: Parent Teacher Conferences (Center CLOSED)
November 12th: Book Fair til Thursday
November 16th: Poinsettia orders due
November 23rd & 24th: Closed for Thanksgiving
November 27th: Poinsettia Delivery
You still have time to get your Poinsettias orders in! Orders are due November 16th. Our goal is to sell 1000 plants. So far we have sold less than 200! Selling poinsettias is a great way to finish your 2018 volunteer hours. Please use the Poinsettia form to distribute to your family, friends, co-workers and especially businesses you frequent.Proceeds this year will be used for staff appreciation bonuses and support!
- Order forms and payments are due by November 16th.
- Checks should be made payable to Growing Tree
- Plants will be delivered the week of November 26th
- Order forms available at front desk or at the top of the newsletter
We really appreciate your support. As a bonus you will receive one (1) volunteer hour for every two (2) plants you sell!
Parent/Teacher conferences are scheduled for Monday November 12th. Growing Tree is closed on this Monday so that teachers can collaborate with you on your child's progress. Sign up sheets will be available beginning Thursday, Nov 1st. The teachers spend a lot of time preparing for the conferences and appreciate the opportunity to meet with you.
School pictures went very well. We anticipate delivery to you via email before Thanksgiving.
We have begun compiling our annual immunization report. Teresa will notify you if your child needs immunizations.
Fall Back - Spring Forward
Remember to turn your clocks back 1 hour on November 4th
Our Scholastic Book Fair is a literacy event that promotes reading with children. There is a wonderful selection of engaging and affordable books for every reading level.
Reading for pleasure inside and outside of school has real and long-lasting benefits. It unlocks the power of information and imagination and helps children discover who they are. Please make plans to visit our Book Fair and be involved in shaping your child's reading habits.
Remember, all purchases benefit our school. See you at the Book Fair the week of November 12th
You're never too old,
too wacky, too wild
to pick up a book
and read to a child!
Holiday Sing Along
Our Annual Holiday Sing A Long is scheduled for Monday December 10th. Please mark your calendars.The evening will include a special performance by each classroom ( yes, the Seeds and Sprouts perform). it is a magical night and is a must Growing Tree holiday tradition.
Inclement Weather/Emergency Closure Policy
For your review prior to the weather going south, our Inclement Weather/Emergency Closure Policy is as follows:
- Growing Tree does NOT follow the public school schedule for snow/weather days or 2-hour delays. It is our goal to remain open as usual.
- On these days when the public schools have closures I do try to send out an early email/text confirming our status
- If we need to close the center because of weather or an emergency, we will contact you first via text/email and then post closure information on Facebook.
Please friend us on Facebook so that you may receive notifications of all the happenings at Growing Tree: https://www.facebook.com/growing.tree.bend
- In the event of an emergency, if the situation allows we will the contact you via phone.
Dressing for the Weather
Fall has officially arrived. We have found that storing your child's winter gear in a reusable bag that can be hung in their cubby minimizes the chances of misplaced items and enables your child to take care of their own clothes.
Please make sure your child has:
- A complete change of weather appropriate clothes in their cubby at all times (please label all items)
- A jacket to wear as needed
- Hat & gloves
- Boots & snowsuits
- PS: Teachers appreciate clothes that are labeled
- PSS: Mixed Bags has a great poly grocery bag that folds up to the size of a wallet when not being used.
With winter approaching and cubbies bulging at the seams with winter clothes, the teachers are requesting that you limit what your child brings for naptime.
- child sized blanket to lay on/ to cover up with. Please do not send bed sized blankets
- small pillow - optional
- one (1) small stuffy
To support our fundraiser, shop our custom web store:
We get 40% of your purchase, plus get free shipping on orders $75 and up.
Thank you for your support and make sure to forward this email on to your friends and family too, we need all the help we can get.
Schedule of Events
Did you know you can find the dates and locations for all of the Growing Tree special events under the SCHEDULE tab on our website?
The following are volunteer opportunities:
- Sell Poinsettias
- Deliver Poinsettias
- Rake leaves
- Clean out drains on playgrounds
- Clean out rain gutters - Complete! thank you Jayson Bowerman!
Volunteer hours are not pro-rated in the event you withdraw from the Center prior to December 31st.
We have added a donate button to our website and Facebook page. Feel free to pass it along or use it yourself.
When you are shopping for those holiday gifts online, please remember our AmazonSmile program!
Head to smile.amazon.com to get started.
First Friday will be held on Friday, November 2nd. Cost is $20 per child. Next month First Friday will be on December 7th. Please pay prior to Friday night, so that we may pay the teachers in a timely manner. Just a reminder, if you cancel after signing up, you will still be responsible for First Friday fees.
None this month
Deborah: 9 years
Emily: 1 year
Kiersten: 1 year