May 5: First Friday
May 14: Mother's Day
Teacher AppreciationI don't say it enough how privileged I am to work with this amazing group of teachers. They are passionate and dedicated to Growing Tree and the families in their care. Anyone who enters the Center feels their enthusiasm for teaching.The engagement and smiles on children's faces is proof that Growing Tree is a good place for children, for families, and for staff. So please join me the week of May 1st - May 5th to celebrate this group of professionals and let them know how we really feel about them. See your email for all the secret details!
If you have a minute check out the beautiful greenhouse the Mountain View wood shop class built for us. Thank you Jesse Nicholl for organizing the project. Thank you volunteers Kari Szukalski, Casey Baxter, Saul Eidukas, Dale Barringer, Ken Hale, Keith Pranghoffer, and Lane Langford for lifting the greenhouse over the fence and placing it on the Blossom playground. We are anxious to see how many little green thumbs we have!
The sidewalk on Kearney was repaired last week as requested by the City of Bend. It is required that the concrete be covered for 7 days to cure. In order, to keep the parking lot open, we poured one side of the driveway approach and will complete the other half next week. Thank you to all the guys at JKD Construction for working with us on all aspects of this project.
- Parents are responsible to provide sunscreen for their child while at school.
- We will start applying sunscreen in May
- Sunscreen will be applied twice daily
- Sunscreen is considered a non-prescription medication which requires a parental authorization.
- Sunscreen will be a SPF of 15 or higher and must be labeled "Broad Spectrum"
- Sunscreen must be applied on all children older than 6 months
- Use of aerosol sunscreen is not allowed
- Bring in a new bottle of sunscreen (sunscreen expires) labeled with child's first and last
- Sign parental authorization (teachers have authorization forms in the classroom)
- We also encourage your child to have a hat at school at all times
Effective May 1st we are moving to our Summer Menus. See updated menus under the Menu tab on the website.
Swim Fees Due April 1st
Swimming fees are past due. Checks should be made payable to Growing Tree.
Look for the swim roster in the June newsletter.
Session 1: June 26-July 6th
Session 2: July 10-20th
Family SurveyLast chance to fill out a family survey. I still need 30 more families to complete the survey so that I can include it in our QRIS portfolio. Surveys are available at the front desk or at the top of the newsletter. Please return it ASAP. Surveys are anonymous and you will receive 1 hour of volunteer time upon return of survey. Thank you
Do you need volunteer hours? If you are interested in this job please let me know. Here are a couple of ideas:
- Dispose of the sandbags from the playground.
- Pick up and install beach sand in the sandbox on the Sprout /Bud playground
- Shop for greenhouse supplies
When you are ordering online, please remember our AmazonSmile program!
Head to smile.amazon.com to get started.
Message from Board
First Friday will be held on Friday, May 5th Cost is $20 per child. In June, First Friday June 2nd. Please pay prior to Friday night, so that we may pay the teachers in a timely manner. Just a reminder, if you cancel after signing up, you will still be responsible for First Friday fees.
Maybe next month!
None this Month!
The Clement family just got bigger!
Zaccai is a "Big Brother" to Aerix Izom
The little guy arrived on April 22nd weighing 7lb 2oz
Congratulations to Cali, Auz, & Zaccai