December 25: Christmas Day
January 1: New Years Day
If you plan to be gone during the holidays please let us know at the front desk so that we may staff accordingly. Thank you
Holiday Sing Along
Unitarian Universalist Fellowship 61980 Skyline Ranch Rd, Bend, OR 97703
600pm : Santa arrives bring your camera
700pm: Classroom performances begin
730pm: Staff performance
New Facebook Page
It has come to our attention that Zarbees cough syrup, because it is a natural medication, expires 90 days after opening. We will be dating the bottles when opened for the first time.
- Shovel snow or sweep the back playground
2018 Annual Registration fees and 2017 Volunteer hours not completed will be billed to your account on January 1st. For your convenience these fees are due by March 1st.
Many of you have small credits or balances on your account. In January you will receive a "Statement" instead of an invoice. This statement reflects the total amount due on your account through January. Our goal is to get everyone to a "0" balance to start off the new year.
Year end statements will be available on January 31st.
Thank you for supporting our book fair. growing Tree received $400 in free books!
Inclement Weather/Emergency Closure Policy
For your review our Inclement Weather/Emergency Closure Policy.
- Growing Tree does NOT follow the public school schedule for snow/weather days or 2-hour delays. It is our goal to remain open as usual.
- On these days when the public schools have closures I do try to send out an early email/text confirming our status
- If we need to close the center because of weather or an emergency, we will contact you first via text/email and then post closure information on Facebook.
- In the event of an emergency, if the situation allows we will the contact you via phone.
Please friend us on Facebook so that you may receive notifications of all the happenings at Growing Tree: https://www.facebook.com/growing.tree.bend
Dressing for the Weather
- A complete change of weather appropriate clothes in their cubby at all times
- A jacket to wear as needed
- Hat & gloves
- Boots & snowsuits
- Please label all items
- Please put winter clothes in a bag that easily fits in their cubby. I do have bags for sale at the front desk. Cost $6
To view Growing Trees 2016/2017 Immunization Rates click on the attachment at the top of the newsletter
Healthy Beginnings - There is a Healthy Beginnings screening on November 3rd. See attached flier at the top of the newsletter
Family Resource Network
Volunteer hours are not prorated in the event you withdraw from the Center prior to December 31st.
Do you need volunteer hours? If you are interested in this job please let me know. Here are a couple of ideas:
- Sell Poinsettias
- Deliver Poinsettias
When you are shopping for those holiday gifts online, please remember our AmazonSmile program!
Head to smile.amazon.com to get started.
Message from Board of Directors
The Board of Directors will meet again on November 8th.
First Friday will be held on Friday, November 3rd. Cost is $20 per child. In December First Friday will be on December 1st. Please pay prior to Friday night, so that we may pay the teachers in a timely manner. Just a reminder, if you cancel after signing up, you will still be responsible for First Friday fees.
Jolene had baby Ronin Archer on Tuesday, Nov 28th
He weighed 9lbs 1oz and was 22 inches long
Neal is thrilled to be a big brother
Congratulations to the entire Burnam family
Nick, Jolene, Kayla & Neal