December 24th CLOSED
December 25th CLOSED Merry Christmas
December 28th - Open normal hours
December 31st - Open normal hours
January 1st - CLOSED Happy New Year
** Please advise the front desk if you have vacations planned so that we may plan our staffing accordingly.
Holiday Sing A Long
It's almost time to hear your little ones perform and spread the holiday cheer!
Growing Tree's Annual Holiday Sing-A-Long has a new location this year:
First United Methodist Church
680 NW Bond St, Bend, OR 97701
Monday December 14th
5:45pm - 7:30pm
Santa arrives at 545pm
Classroom Performances begin at 645pm
When you are ordering online, please remember our AmazonSmile program!
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Growing Tree every time you shop, at no cost to you. You will find the exact same prices, selection and convenient shopping experience as amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to Growing Tree!
Head to smile.amazon.com to get started.
Message from the Board
The December Board meeting will be held on December 9th. If you are interested in serving on the Board, please see Tammy. Serving on the board is a great way to support GT and your children.
Personalized Santa Video
We are in the process of completing our annual review of immunization records.
If your child does not have the required immunizations, Tera has already notified you so that you have the opportunity to receive the needed shots before our first report is due on January 13th.
The NEW LAW regarding Non-Medical Exemptions (formerly called religious exemptions) is now in effect. If you will be claiming a Non-Medical exemption for any or all vaccines you will need to complete the following prior to January 13th:
- Complete an online vaccine education module or receive education from a health care practitioner about vaccines.
- Click on this link for the online module and more information.
- Provide a certificate showing either completion of the online module or vaccine education by a health care practitioner.
- GT will need a copy of the certificate.
- Parents will still need to complete the Non-Medical Exemption section of the Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) form.
Children who are out of compliance on February 17,2016 will be excluded from school.
Inclement Weather/Emergency Closure Policy
As the snow starts to fly I thought it might be good to go over our Inclement Weather/Emergency Closure Policy.
- Growing Tree does NOT follow the public school schedule for snow/weather days or 2-hour delays. It is our goal to be open as usual.
- If we need to close the center because of weather or an emergency, we will contact you first via email and then post closure information on Facebook.
- In the event of an emergency, if the situation allows we will the contact you via phone.
Please friend us on Facebook so that you may receive notifications of all the happenings at Growing Tree: https://www.facebook.com/growing.tree.bend
All classrooms go outside several times daily, and it is important that they have the appropriate clothing to stay warm and dry.
Please make sure you child has:
- A complete change of weather appropriate clothes in their cubby at all times
- A jacket to wear outside as needed
- Hat & gloves
- Boots & Snowsuits
We have found that storing your child's winter gear in a backpack/reusable bag that can be hung it their cubby lessens the chance of misplaced items and enables your child to take care of their own clothes.
Teacher LOVE it when clothes are LABELED!!!
First Friday will be held on Friday, December 5th. Please pay prior to Friday night so that we may pay the teachers in a timely manner. The cost is $20 per child. Just a reminder, if you cancel after signing up, you will still be responsible for First Friday fees.
Dec 3 - Emily
None this month
Congratulations to Tyson and his wife Eileen. They welcomed baby girl "Scarlett Jo" on November 10th.